Thursday, January 29, 2009

lyvvies 5 question blog

My Mom Ellen at 16 Yrs of age
The Questions:1. Is there one time in your life you refer back to often and wish you could change. If you could go back and change it, would you?
This is no easy question to answer.Sure I have pondered this idea a few times.My mother passed away suddenly in nov.2005. That night at 8pm I was on my cell talking to her as she went in to the ER for her routine breathing treatment due to COPD and bronchitis, at 1am her physician called to say her heart was having issues and they were transferring her to Boston medical center and that I should head in to the hospital.I got in my car and proceeded to the Boston Hospital where an unusual feeling overtook me-kind of that forboding feeling(for those who have had that),it was like my entire being was numb.I sat awaiting news only to have them call me in to the ER to put me on the phone with the doctor at the other hospital and she told me as they were preparing my mom for transfer her heart stopped and attempts to resuscitate her were unsuccessful. The one thing I wish is that I had been able to see her before she passed to have told her"I love you!!" (I know my mom knew that I loved her) but it bothers me she died alone in the ER without family around her.Now that I have had time to think on my feelings I realize my mom went on her own terms she was a proud lady and didn't want anyone to see her when she passed and I also know in my heart my dad came to get her and they are happily reunited in eternity.I have had a lot of things happen in my life that I wished I could change at that moment but now in retrospect I find that those things are what made me who I am and helped me to discover what direction to take in life(although I still enjoy detours).So no I would not change them.



2. What was your biggest fashion nightmare where you thought you looked the hottest but on reflection, not so much?I am the furthest thing from a fashionista and I never claimed nor wished to be.AS long as I am clean and warm/cold when I need to be that is fine.I do have three thing to say about fashion nightmares-rainbow leg warmers,jordache bags and ribboned barrettes.

3. Tell of a time you were really disappointed and how you got through it.
I actually at times prefer to be disappointed because then I enjoy the successes all the more.

.4. What are your addictions; past and present?Addictions-Tea,Books,Music,atari 2600, the mickey mouse club,giraffes, whales,star trek, battlestar galactica,dr. who, star wars,dragons, nutcrackers,stickers,buttons,cameos,irsh stuff,facebook,trivia, karaoke,t-shirts,magnets, spoons

5. What are your passions; past and present My family and friends,reading, listening to music, girl scouting, camping, the mountains, travel,the ocean, cooking (potential)

No comments:

Post a Comment